New Features at a Glance:
- New Elegant look with Redesigned Speaker System
- New String Ensemble and Electric Piano tones
- Dual Headphone Outputs on Front
- 1/4″ Left and Right Line Outputs
- Available in black or champagne gold colored finish
The successor to the popular PX-150, the Privia PX-160 utilizes Casio’s famous AiR Sound Source and its remarkable Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard. With several enhancements in sounds and features over the previous generation, the PX-160 continues to provide world-class features and style at an unbeatable price.
- The Piano
- Casio’s proprietary sound source, “AiR” (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) provides the grand piano sounds in the PX-160. Casio meticulously recorded the sound of a 9-foot concert grand at 4 dynamic levels. The AiR engine delivers this sound with seamless dynamics for a remarkably expressive and powerful performance. Damper Resonance is simulated by AiR for uncanny realism when the damper pedal is used.
- Key Action
- The PX-160 utilizes Casio’s famous Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard. This action features new simulated Ebony and Ivory textured keys for an incredible feel and its three sensors capture the dynamics of a performance with unparalleled speed and accuracy. Casio’s proprietary Hammer Response feature takes into consideration the speed at which different sized hammers move inside an acoustic grand piano relative to the velocity the keys are played. This timing nuance provides the ultimate key-to-sound experience that is unmatched by the standard actions of other brands.
- Grand Sound System
- The chassis has been redesigned not only to provide a more elegant look but also to accommodate a new 8w x 8w speaker system, which delivers the PX-160’s remarkable sounds with the richness that they deserve. This speaker system is open to the front but also ported to the back, which provides remarkable sound when the PX-160 is placed against a wall. This also allows it to easily be used in a classroom or other environment where the sound will be projected towards the audience. Far superior to brands whose speaker systems are aimed mostly downward.